Birth & Early Parenting Courses
These practical courses are ideal for busy people who are having their first baby, or for those who have previously had a baby and would like a refresher.
This comprehensive one day program includes two sessions providing non-biased information on birth and parenting a newborn baby.
The Birth Course: 9am – 1.15pm
The focus of this session is to provide positive information, tips and discussion on the following:
- The birth process and the signs and stages of labour
- The positive effects of hormones
- Supporting the birthing mum
- Positions during birth and active birth
- Medical management
The Early Parenting Course: 2pm – 5pm
The focus of the this session is to provide practical information covering:
- Caring for a newborn baby’s needs
- Interacting with a newborn
- Understanding the needs and behaviour of a newborn baby
- Becoming parents
- Community resources for parents
When to book
- The ideal time to attend the workshop is when you are 28-34 weeks pregnant – so plan to book ahead however late bookings are welcome
- For the full day the cost is $275 per couple. Alternatively, you can choose to attend just the Birth Course for $220 per couple or the Parenting Course for $150.
- Single attendance costs: $190 for full day or $140 for Birth Course and $90 for Parenting Course
Health fund rebates: Louise is registered with many funds. Inquire with your fund if you are eligible for rebates.
For more information contact Louise *click here for email address
To make a booking click here