Birth & Early Parenting courses
These practical courses are ideal for busy people who are having their first baby, or for those who have previously had a baby and would like a refresher. These courses are offered as a one day or half day in a relaxed learning environment. Private sessions are also available.
This comprehensive one day program includes two sessions providing information on birth and parenting a newborn baby.
The Birth course: 9am – 1.15pm
The focus of this session is to provide positive information, tips and discussion on the following:
- The birth process and the signs and stages of labour
- The positive effects of hormones
- Supporting the birthing mum
- Positions during birth and active birth
- Medical management
The Early Parenting course: 2pm – 5pm
The focus of the this session is to provide practical information covering:
- First few hours after birth
- What happens in hospital
- Interacting with a newborn and understanding newborn behaviour
- Becoming parents
- Community resources
When to book
- The ideal time to attend the workshop is when you are 28-34 weeks pregnant – so plan to book ahead however late bookings are welcome
- The cost for the one day course held face to face is $320 per couple. Alternatively, you can choose to attend just the Birth Course for $220 per couple or the Parenting Course for $150.
- Single attendance costs: $200 for full day or $120 for Birth Course and $80 for Parenting Course
Health fund rebates
Louise is registered with many health funds. Inquire with your fund if you are eligible for rebates for prenatal childbirth courses.
For enquiry into private session or for more information contact Louise *click here for email address
To make a booking click here