Birth & Early Parenting courses
These practical courses are ideal for busy people who are having their first baby, or for those who have previously had a baby and would like a refresher. These courses are offered as a one day or half day in a relaxed learning environment. Private sessions are also available.
This comprehensive one day program includes two sessions providing non-biased information on birth and parenting a newborn baby.
The Birth course: 9am – 1.15pm
The focus of this session is to provide positive information, tips and discussion on the following:
- The birth process and the signs and stages of labour
- The positive effects of hormones
- Supporting the birthing mum
- Positions during birth and active birth
- Medical management
The Early Parenting course: 2pm – 5pm
The focus of the this session is to provide practical information covering:
- Caring for a newborn baby’s needs
- Interacting with a newborn
- Understanding the needs and behaviour of a newborn baby
- Becoming parents
- Community resources for parents
When to book
- The ideal time to attend the workshop is when you are 28-34 weeks pregnant – so plan to book ahead however late bookings are welcome
- The regular cost is $275 per couple but due to Covid pandemic and courses running on Zoom, prices are now $250. Alternatively, you can choose to attend just the Birth Course for $190 per couple or the Parenting Course for $120.
- Single attendance costs: $170 for full day or $120 for Birth Course and $80 for Parenting Course
Should you have any financial issues please let Louise know.
Health fund rebates
Louise is registered with many health funds. Inquire with your fund if you are eligible for rebates for prenatal childbirth courses.
For enquiry into private session or for more information contact Louise *click here for email address
To make a booking click here